Customer Support Administrator
To enhance the overall customer experience from beginning to end. Working closely with sales, engineering and production to ensure all details of orders are effectively documented and communicated to the appropriate departments. Being the primary internal contact for customers regarding status updates of their in-process orders.
- Support assigned sales engineer(s) and associated customers as a liaison with production, engineering, accounting, shipping & receiving.
- Ensuring accuracy of customer account information in ERP system, to include proper billing and ship-to addresses, routing information, and global notes.
- Manage and maintain specification file of assigned group of accounts, including: roll & order specifications, pricing, processing guidelines, shipping/receiving guidelines, and communication requirements.
- Coordinate follow-up and support of accounts with respective Sales Engineers. When necessary, provides sales and customer with routine activity reports and summaries. Alerts sales to issues and problems that may arise and works with sales, sales management and company management to identify issues and document resolutions.
- Participates in on-site job reviews and daily scheduling meetings, updating Sales Engineers and assigned customers directly with status and planning updates.
- Coordinate activity for assigned accounts with all related plant personnel, including Sales Engineers, to ensure smooth processing of all orders for assigned accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely order entry and job entry for assigned accounts, review all incoming order paperwork and communicate directly with assigned customers at a high-level.
- Identify and resolve order issues to ensure timely processing, communicating with customers and appropriate IR Engraving personnel.
- Works with sales, sales management and company management to address and resolve payment issues.
- Strive to continuously improve cumbersome and inefficient internal-processes.
- Process quote requests for house-account customers directly.
- Coordinates with and utilizes internal resources of pricing history, engineering, production resources and management team to issue quotes to customers.
- Supporting Sales Engineers in quotations, as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- General knowledge and comprehensive understanding of sales, products, & processes
- Computer literate—Microsoft applications, ERP software
- Excellent communication skills—verbal, written, and interpersonal
- High level understanding of customer service
- Ability to assess sales order and identify missing details
- Tenacious in seeking and extracting necessary information from respective Sales Engineers, Design Engineers, and Production Team to ensure order entry accuracy
- Ability to understand domestic shipping standards and foreign/customs regulations
- High energy with ability to multi-task; work independently or in team effort
- Problem solving skills with good business judgement and decision-making ability
- Self-directed with excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
High School Graduate (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with 2+ years of experience in customer service, and/or sales support preferably in an operations-based and/or manufacturing setting. Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing, & multi-faceted work environment where several moving parts dictate your workload. Ability to focus on multiple, highly-technical orders while remaining current with regard to job disposition and assisting in problem resolution. Some knowledge of domestic & foreign shipping standards and regulations a plus.
We offer a competitive salary with incentives for success. The job opening is immediate.