Roll Design Engineer
We are looking to hire a dynamic, energetic individual to assist with our demanding customer requirements.
- Design and create innovative products/machines and systems generally based on customer specification; modify existing products for improved performance
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of machinery, equipment, components and systems
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing methods
- Research production specifications, costs, production materials and manufacturing methods; confer with sales, operations, purchasing, accounting, suppliers, and engineering team
- Preparation of product design or layout with sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, schematics or blueprints, using drafting instruments and or use of computer-aided design programs
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system; plan and develop experimental test programs to define, prevent and/or eliminate defects
- Modify and refine designs, using working models or samples, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committee for approval; discuss modifications; estimate costs and present quotation for custom-designed product to sales
- Act as liaison to sales, interfacing with customers, to contribute to sales growth and technical service support; participate in new product planning or market research
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years work experience
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must have knowledge/experience designing, developing, and analyzing mechanical structures
- Must have experience creating and sustaining a structured bill of materials
- Must have 3D CAD modeling experience, preferably using Inventor
- Proficient in Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T) techniques
- Knowledge of machinery standards (including electrical, hydraulic and controls)
- Experience with thermal dynamics, heat transfer, and fluid flow analysis and design a plus
- Must have good planning, organization, communication skills, and be team oriented
- Must have a working knowledge of product lifecycle management
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with a small company (between 75 – 100 employees);
- Stable work record.
We offer a competitive salary with incentives for success. The job opening is immediate.