IR Engraving is THE Source for manufacturing all your roll requirements.
Including new manufactures, repairs and regrinds.
For more than half a century, IR Engraving has created process rolls of every conceivable design for both OEMs and end users. We have the craftsmen, the precision turning, balancing and grinding equipment and the specialized fixtures and techniques to produce rolls up to 41″ diameter X 300″ length for every imaginable function. That’s why IR Engraving is The Source for all your roll requirements from new manufactures, to repairs and regrinds.
We routinely produce rolls for coating, laminating, printing, embossing, heat transfer, and web transport for products ranging from light films to heavy gauge metals.
Rolls can be surfaced with copper, nickel, chrome, or thermal spray coatings including various types of ceramic. Super finishing to 0 RMS is also available.
Your Design or Ours
We manufacture to your drawings or design to your specifications, to meet your requirements.
IR Engraving specializes in refurbishing your existing rolls. We will bring your old rolls back to spec with journal rebuild or replacement, resurfacing of roll faces, and rebalancing.
Custom Matte Finishes
We can produce textured finishes per your specifications or we can work with you to develop the exact finish you are looking for.
Much More Than Rolls
Although rolls are our specialty, we also offer complete machine shop services. We have produced precision machine parts for as long as we’ve made rolls.
You are our number one concern! Our success is based on meeting the quality and delivery requirements of our customers at a reasonable price.
Roll Construction Designs
- Flow in & out – opposite ends
- Flow in & out the same end
- Low capacity flow
- High capacity flow
- Welded or bolted head construction
- Mild steel or alloy steel construction
- Annealed or hardened
Manufacturing Size & Weight Limitations
- Lathe: 41-½” Dia. X 300″ O.A.L. – 20,000 lbs.
- Cylindrical Grinder: 32″ Dia. X 200″ O.A.L. – 20,000 lbs.
- Sub-Arc Weld Overlay: 31″ Dia. X 200″ O.A.L – 5,000 lbs.
- Matte Finishing: 30″ Dia. X 250″ O.A.L. – 8,000 lbs.
- Ceramic Coating: 30″ Dia. X 250″ O.A.L. – 8,000 lbs.
- Dynamic Balancing: 100″ Dia. X 230″ O.A.L. – 20,000 lbs
Plasma Spray Coatings
- Nickel: Dense coating with excellent corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: Wear & corrosion resistance.
- Copper: Dense coating that provides good electrical conductivity.
- Tungsten Carbide/Cobalt: Dense, hard, wear resistance coating.
- Aluminum Oxide: White, exceptional density for improved wear resistance and thermal & electrical insulation.
- Chrome Oxide: Exceptionally hard & dense coating – (used for laser engraving).
- Complex Oxide: Coatings are hard and dense and provide corrosion protection, wear resistance, protection against high & low temperatures, particle erosion and fretting wear.
- Titanium Oxide: Black, dense, hard and abrasion resistant.